SCHOOL OF DIPLOMA STUDIES ISTE FACULTY CHAPTER
R K University, Rajkot Bhavnagar Highway, Kastubadham, RAJKOT
The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)is a national, professional, non-profit making Society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. First started in 1941 as the Association of Principals of Technical Institutions (APTI), it was converted into “Indian Society for Technical Education” in 1968 with a view to enlarge its activities to advance the cause of technological education .The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organisations. Being the only national organisation of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, CTE/DST/MIT/State Govts. are well associated with the ISTE for programs relating to technical education.
ISTE Faculty Chapter
ISTE student chapter is commenced at School of Diploma Studies from February 2013 with 251 student’s members.
ELIGIBILITY OF ISTE MEMBERSHIP
Bye-Laws 2 (ii) and (iii) of the Society read as under:
(ii) Life Membership
- A person who satisfies the eligibility criteria as mentioned in clause 2 (iii) may become a life member of ISTE by paying the admissible Life Membership fee as decided from time to time, by the Executive Council.
(iii) Membership : Eligibility Criteria:
- Any person of Indian Origin or a foreign National holding a University Degree/Diploma or an equivalent qualification and who is/had been employed on the teaching faculty of a recognized technical institution; or a person having a technical academic qualification working in a Technical/Research Institute is ELIGIBLE for Membership
- Application for membership shall be made on the prescribed form of the Society.
- Application for Membership shall be recommended by a Life Member of the Society. Such application shall be approved the Executive Council or by an Office Bearer of the Society authorized by the Executive Council for this purpose before the membership is approved.
- The Executive Council shall have the power to refuse admission to any applicant without assigning any reason.
Major Benefits of becoming an ISTE Member
- A Member of a National Professional Organisation.
- Joined an academic Fraternity of over 45,000 strong professional.
- Preference to attend short-term training programme for the academic excellence and to become eligible for career advancement opportunities.
- Getting bi-monthly Newsletter.
- Quarterly Indian journal of Technical Education (at concessional rates).
- Many more publications for Self Development, Institution Development etc.( at concessional rates).
- Eligible to participate in Chapter level, Section level and National Navel Conferences, Workshops and other activities of your academic interest etc.
ISTE Faculty Chapter, School of Diploma Studies RK University, Kasturbadham Rajkot-Bhavnagar Highway T: 0281-2785116, 9909952030/31 More detail is available on ISTE website: http://www.isteonline.in